Friday, May 14, 2010

lovely motherly love^^

It was Mother's Day last Sunday
how do u all celebrate it?
well, we don't really celebrate but
since I was at hometown this year
I came out with some ideas ;)

I decided to bake a cake for my family on that morning
(since is my holiday and I was so free ^^)

my dad suggested me to bake orange chiffon cake which we (my mum n I) never bake for so long
don't know whether is it going to be successful *cross fingers*



The things that need to bake an orange chiffon cake




This is how I bake a cake using an AMC pot not an oven
don't know whether you all heard of this brand before or not
but this AMC pot is very useful ^^




This is how the cake look like
as you can see it sunk and I don't know why @.@




Ta Dahhh.....
The result is a failure ='(

the taste was not bad and it smell nice
but the problem was the texture
it was not fluffy and spongy like a cake
instead it was a bit wet like a kuih ^^
orange kuih *LOL*
but overall still ok *thrust me*

haha... anyway it was fun to bake a cake once awhile
and I guess I got to polish my skills of baking



Then later at night
we decided to have a better dinner to celebrate this special day
we headed to the Lily's Vegetarian Kitchen @ Madras Lane
(a vegetarian restaurant which we seldom go because it is quite far from my house-around 20-30 mins by car)

It is a nice restaurant with wide variety of vegetarian food
if you feel like having a meatless meal in Penang
this is a good choice
click the link below to have a look

We ordered some ala-carte food at the downstair


no comment^^




the best ever vegetarian satay
of course you can't compare these with the 'real' one ;)




with vegetarian fish curry, beef curry and dal curry



with pasta n mushrooms inside
the cheese smells nice *yummy*












nice!!!




the fruits are underneath the ice-cream



overall the food there was nice and the price is reasonable
we satisfied with our dinner
everything there cost us around RM 52 (4 of us)



The colorful roses that my aunt made
I took the picture
(nice shot huh? =P)



Happy Mother's Day to all the mummy out there

oh ya... besides cake and a nice meal
for sure I won't forgot about mothers' day card

click the link below to my another blog to have a look^^
http://artcraft4u.blogspot.com/2010/05/mothers-day.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...